Become a CASA
Becoming a CASA
Our CASAs change children’s lives every single day and more than 200 foster children in Josephine County are waiting for their CASA. We are always looking for more volunteers who are passionate about making a difference and the children we serve!
To volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be willing to complete necessary background checks and provide references
- Be able to work with a staff supervisor
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of pre-service training
- Be available for court appearances, with advance notice
- Have reliable transportation
- Possess basic computer skills
- Be willing to commit to the CASA program until your case is closed (on average, two years)
CASA volunteers give a two-year commitment to advocating for their child within the court system. Advocates must see their child at least every 30 days.
CASA volunteers complete intensive background screening, 30 hours of pre-service training, and a minimum of 11 hours of ongoing training annually.
Scheduled Informational Sessions
Informational sessions are offered at the CASA Office: 304 NW “D” Street, Grants Pass, Oregon. To schedule a time, please email email@example.com or call 541-474-5437.
“It is rewarding to think that I am looking out only for the interests of the child. It is not a job. I am a volunteer, so I am there for all the right reasons. I can speak my mind freely in court, and the judges and parties listen.”
– Carrie Compton, CASA Volunteer